We recommend to protect your computer with a firewall, an antivirus program and an antispyware and to keep this software permanently up to date.
The letters 'https' at the beginning of the Internet address and a closed padlock icon indicate that the website is secure. Double clicking on the closed padlock enables you to check that the site’s certificate is valid. The certificate must show the holder, issuer and date of expiry.
The password is a key element of security; BCEE recommends that passwords be changed regularly.
Please note that BCEE never contacts its customers via email to ask for personal and confidential data. Please inform us of any such attempts by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling us on (+352) 4015-6015.
- Update your operating system regularly.
- Install a firewall and anti-virus-software and keep them regularly updated.
- Never install or use an executable program if you do not know its exact source.
- Work using a limited rights user profile (often administrator rights are needed for spyware programs to be able to install themselves).
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Intrusive requests for personal data (e.g. password).
- Attractive proposals/nice promises (e.g. win an Ipad).
- Requests from strangers.
- Weird screens, strange phrasing, texts with typing errors.
In case of doubt...
For any questions relating to the security on the Internet, please contact our e-Banking Helpdesk: (+352) 4015-6015 firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cases.lu and bee-secure.lu websites are supported by the Luxembourg government and contain a lot of useful information and recommendations on how to use the Internet responsibly.